The American Mushroom Institute (AMI) is a national voluntary trade association representing the growers, processors and marketers of cultivated mushrooms in the United States and industry suppliers worldwide. Membership is available to any person interested in the mushroom industry. Categories of membership are grower, associate, professional and retiree.
What are AMI’s Purposes?
- Anticipate and respond to issues affecting mushroom production, processing and marketing;
- Monitor and influence legislative and regulatory issues;
- Support, analyze and disseminate relevant information such as research, statistics, and innovations in technology;
- Develop best practices and training in food safety, integrated pest management and worker safety;
- Provide a communications network for all industry partners.
For over 50 years, the American Mushroom Institute has been a leader for the United States mushroom industry. When an industry speaks with one voice through a trade association, the results are far greater than what could be achieved by any single individual.
NEW: Check out our new training apps! These apps will educate and train mushroom farm and packing-house employees on best practices, in light of new Food Safety Modernization Act regulations, OSHA Alliance initiatives and the ever-changing workforce. Take a look at the food safety training apps and the worker safety training apps.